Coronavirus anxiety (Covid-19): How to stop worrying about your health
Watch my updated video on mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak: https://youtu.be/mwrMtJ3DYXg.
Anxious about the coronavirus (Covid-19)? I'll show you how to stop worrying about your health and stay healthy at the same time.
0:35 - How health anxiety works
2:28 - How anxiety keeps us safe during a public health scare
2:47 - When does anxiety about coronavirus become a problem?
3:38 - How coronavirus anxiety relates to anxiety disorders
3:52 - Practice healthy habits
4:37 - Limit your media consumption
6:55 - Go to credible sources of information
7:46 - Stick to your routine
8:53 - Keep doing what helps you manage anxiety
9:02 - Seek professional help
9:20 - Comment of the week
Want to talk to Dr. Ali Mattu? Join the call in show by filling out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zsWcpP1u9oulbX3Z7J6r_XTdmI0UPSZVV-TLtzappx0/
Special thanks to Elizabeth S., Tyler D., Anna H., Arnt J., Collin P., Evan A., Imran M., Sam D., Ryan L., Sophie Y., Ahmed Y, Israel P., Neuro Transmissions, Eric E., Eve P., Lauren K., BrainCraft, Aaron F., Samuel H., Marisa H.,Tae T., Steve M.,, Bryan T., Nicky C., Samuel A., Anton T., Jennifer C., Shanda W., Saleem H. P., Sri S., Alex N., Denise J., Emily W., Samar, Lars B., Pipitchy, Emily, Troy C., Alexandre V., Jose, Julie, H., Rebecca E., Mariana D. M., Karl S., Cesalie S., Greg M., Christy, BobC, Sam, Lena F. H., Andrey V. M., and Sya R. for making this episode possible! Learn how you can help me make The Psych Show and get exclusive behind the scenes access in return at https://www.Patreon.com/ThePsychShow.
* CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
* World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
* How to Deal With Coronavirus If You Have OCD or Anxiety: https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/k7exqm/how-to-deal-with-coronavirus-if-you-have-ocd-or-anxiety?__twitter_impression=true
* How to wash your hands: https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/health-wellness-and-safety-resources/helping-hands/hand-hygiene
* How to get better sleep at night: https://youtu.be/eg8VRjHZgXI
* Managing stress - 10 steps in 90 seconds: https://youtu.be/PzZZJ-2YUvs
* The Psych Show Anxiety Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLItaCgXIQkHe-lpgzTZAjHy-mLgLx9_16
Connect with Ali:
Twitter ► http://twitter.com/alimattu
Facebook ► http://www.facebook.com/thepsychshow
Instagram ► http://instagram.com/alimattu
Snapchat ► https://www.snapchat.com/add/alimattu
Patreon ► https://www.patreon.com/thepsychshow
Email ► firstname.lastname@example.org
Website ► http://alimattu.com/
THE PSYCH SHOW! Creating mental health videos that educate, entertain, and empower! Produced, written, and edited by clinical psychologist Ali Mattu, Ph.D. All videos are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute clinical advice.
If you or someone you know needs help immediately, you should take one of the following actions:
- call 9-1-1 in the United States or your country's emergency number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...
- call the Lifeline at 1-800-273 TALK (8255) in the United States or a global crisis hotlines: http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis...
- text START to 741-741 in the United States or visit http://chat.suicidepreventionlifeline...
- go to your nearest hospital emergency room