- What is mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS)?
Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) is a composite term used in the Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) guidelines to describe any type of local or outside support that aims to protect or promote psychosocial well-being and/or prevent or treat mental disorders in times of disasters and emergencies.
- What is the MHPSS Technical Working Group?
The IASC recommends as one of its key actions for coordination, as the establishment of a MHPSS Technical Working Group. This group consists of actors from various sectors. This coordination of groups is responsible for an inter-sectoral and collaborative response through programme planning and implementation in relation to the IASC guidelines
- How is the membership of the Technical Working Group (TWG) decided?
The technical working group consists of members from organizations that oversee or are directly involved in the delivery of MHPSS related services or activities.
- What is the difference between the MHPSS Technical Working Group and the MHPSS Network?
The TWG is the technical think tank behind the MHPSS network. Not all members of the MHPSS Network are members of the TWG.
- What if I have a crisis response service to add to the MHPSS Network?
The MHPSS network is open and therefore additional crisis response services are welcome to join the network and can approach the TWG to have its information listed in the directory of services.
- How do I apply to join the MHPSS network?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Alternatively they can fill in the fields of a contact form that goes to this address)
- Can I submit services that are not crisis services to this directory?
Yes, any services related to MHPSS can be listed in this directory.
- What type of care needs does this directory publish?
This directory publishes
- Mental health services
- Counselling services
- Helpline services
- Social support resources
- Coping materials
- Addiction services
- Gender Based Violence services
- Children and adolescents support services